Tuesday 28 February 2023

EOTO #2 Reaction

 After watching all of the EOTO presentations the one presentation that stuck out to me most and made me learn something new was all the information on Online Influencers. Since I do use social media daily I did have a great understanding somewhat of what an online influencer is but I learned so much more by watching these presentations.


The first thing I didn't know was how much the government was actually involved with online influencers and the huge impact they had on these people. Many people who use social media know that an Online influencer is people with high social media followers and who have high authority over  specific people in particular places all over the world. I also learned that online influencers get products from many different popular brands allowing themselves to be a marketing advocate for all these high end companies. They will post many different videos showcasing their products allowing all of their fans to view it making them want to buy these products. 

Online Inlfuencers preach different categories that they are passionate about such  as beauty, fashion, health, food, pets  and even sports for example. There are also higher rankings of online influencers based on how many viewers and followers they have. First the mega-influencers with more than a million followers,  Macro-influencers with 500K to 1 million followers ,Mid-tier influencers with 50K to 500K followers , Micro-influencers with 10K to 50K followers and lastly Nano-influencers with 1K to 10K followers. This was so interesting to me because I never knew there were different rankings of influencers based on how many followers they had and how many people were fans of specific people. This allowed me to put into perspective about which of my favorite influencers would be ranked in which category.


To conclude, these presentations made me learn so much about online influencers and how they support businesses and make marketing bigger. With online influencers so many topics including worldwide subjects influencers are used to spread awareness and information to benefit the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 In the year of 2023, technology has become very essential to our lives. Everything nowadays is updated to be via technology. You hear peopl...